Friday, July 4, 2014

Nicka K Shimmer Eyeliner in Green

Who's ready for a review?


Nicka K Shimmer Eyeliner

First Impression: Shimmer eyeliner?  Is this gonna flake off and get in my eyes?  Is this going to make me look like a disco ball?  Is this stuff even going to work?  I'm concerned.
 
After Application:  Mermaid.  I feel like a gosh darn mermaid.  Where has this been all my life?

Overall: At first I thought the idea of shimmer eyeliner was a little absurd.  Who is going to wear green shimmery eyeliner after the age of 13?  Me, that's who.  This makes me feel spunky, and pretty, and it brings out the green in my eyes, and I love it. The formula goes on a little thin at first but two swipes and it's fully opaque.   It can be a little tricky to apply if you try to get a fully opaque line in one try, but if you go slow and draw the outline first and then fill it in the payoff is amazing.  I included a picture of the applicator so you guys could see what it looks like.  It's plastic/silicone and it's surprisingly not as hard or hurtful as I initially thought.  It leaves a precise line that's comparable to a brush if you learn how to work it correctly. I also included a picture so you guys can see that this can actually be made into a wearable look (this liner is the one on my top lid with the Kat Von D Tattoo liner in Trooper in a very thin line under it, and on the lower lash line is the butter LONDON Wink eye pencil in inky six.)  I've dubbed them mermaid eyes.  I'm obsessed, don't judge me.
 
Repurchase: I would.  I think that for the price (I found the range for $2.99 a piece HERE) this stuff is more than worth it.  It's perfect for summer, they have some darker shades I can see myself pulling off in the winter, and I am more than impressed with this product.  

Are you a fan of shimmery/bright liner?  Do you have any suggestions on what brands to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment