Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Sephora Trip and Great Customer Service

Warning:: This post contains a lot of words, not a lot of pictures, and one kick ass customer service experience.  If all of these things appeal to you, read on!

So the other day I ventured out with a friend and we somehow ended up at Sephora.  I was really excited to pick up my favorite eyeliner again and get my friend hooked on the Sephora Cream Lip Stain.  What I was not excited about was how absolutely overwhelming Sephora can be.

A few minutes into our trip we were greeted by an associate who works there named Beatriz.  I was thrilled at how thorough she was with out consultation, and how knowledgeable she was.  She also gave her opinion, which let me tell you, both me and my friend were more than thrilled to hear.  After about thirty minutes into the consultation we stopped playing around with lipsticks (I totally got my friend hooked on the lip stains by the way) and we switched over to face mode.

Apparently I am not as pale as I though.  When I was color matched (that color matching machine is amazing and I want one) I was the shade IR06.  It is apparently code for "not as pale as snow white, but still pretty darn pale".  Being that I was on the hunt for a new foundation, this knowledge made me feel invincible!  Now I know my shade!  IR06!  Wait.. that's not a shade that I've ever heard of. This can't be right... Oh but it is my friends, it is so very right.  You just type it into the little Sephora machine and it tells you what shade you are in EVERY FOUNDATION EVER!  Well, every foundation that carries your shade that lives in Sephora.

After I got color matched Beatriz listened to my skincare woes (coverage, blemishes, meltdown face, weird application issues).  Not only did I end up with the most amazing foundation ever, I also found out the solution to my makeup meltdown issue.  My friends, let me just say, if you ever find yourself with makeup meltdown, just dust some setting powder like the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, and you will be set! Pun intended.  If you are ever in the Northern Virginia area and happen to need to go to Sephora, go see Beatriz.  She will knock your socks off, empty your wallet, and you will want to hug her she's so amazing!

Now that you guys know how amazing Beatriz is, how awesome the color matching machine from Sephora is, let me tell you about the few things I picked up that have been my favorite products these past few weeks:

Urban Decay Naked Skin in the shade 3.5-  Can I drool over the interwebs?  I am obsessed with this foundation.  It's medium coverage, a little watery which makes it a dream to apply, and feels like nothing on your skin.  I had co-workers ask if I was going bare faced, it's that good at mimicking your skin.  That and this is the first foundation that has ever matched my skin so well I actually get sad taking it off at night.

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil-  Love this stuff.  Best twenty something dollars I've ever spent.  I can't believe I've never tried this before, and never want to be without it again.  No more makeup meltdown, no more streaky face, no more weird patchy skin where the foundation has "disappeared".  Need I say more?

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper-  Holy grail eyeliner.  Holy freaking grail.  The applicator is a brush, not a nib or a felt tip, but a darn brush.  It gives the most precise line, lasts for ever, and when it does come time to take it off it comes right off with makeup remover like it was never there to begin with.  I've repurchased this about three times now, and even though I went a few months without it I finally feel like it's back home on my dresser where it belongs.

Samples-  The fresh face cleanser is still un-opened (super lazy with packets over here), but the Dior perfume is almost gone.  It smells like Soap and Glory Hand Food Hand Cream, so if you love that smell as much as I do, go get yourself a sample!  Or a bottle!  And maybe one for me while you're at it.




No comments:

Post a Comment