Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Peter Thomas Roth Oiless Oil

I'm a recent convert to the glory of skincare and skincare products.  I spent years using only the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, the Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer, and occasionally a spot gel for pimples.  That's it folks.  Nothing else made it past the first use before being given away or hidden in the back of the medicine cabinet.

As a result of this recent conversion I've been much more excited to try different skincare products, one of which I'm very very excited to share with all of you.


Peter Thomas Roth Oiless Oil

First Impression: Oh goodness, not another oil.  Wait, not an oil?  So it's like water then.   What the heck is squalane?   Only one drop?  Do they know how big my face is?  Jeepers.  Well lets see what this overpriced water can do.
 
After Application: Oh wow that's nice.  A little shiny, but it is more or less "oil" right?  I can't even feel it on my skin.  I hope this won't clog my pores and make me breakout tomorrow.

Overall: "Ding ding ding, we have a winner!"  I love this stuff.  It says it's 100% squalane, which is the stuff in your body that keeps all the moisture in your skin.  (oooh fancy)  It went on smoothly.  You really only need one drop of it and the glass pipette is just too cute.  It's a little hard to keep it on your fingertips to get it to your face, but if you get it right on the pads of your fingers you're golden. You can barely feel this on your face, and it doesn't get your hair stuck in it or leave a residue on things like most "oils" do. It also hasn't broken me out any of the times I used it and left my skin feeling soft and happy after. I have a hard time using another moisturizer in place of this, but for me I find it's really spectacular to use at night so it gets to sink in.  That and it's too darn sunny not to wear an SPF during they day here, and that plus this would be far too much.
 
Repurchase: Yes.  Guaranteed.  It's $38 for a full sized container, but if it replaces all the other moisturizers I have it will be well worth it.  Especially with how little you have to use to cover your whole face it will last quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment