Sunday, December 22, 2013

Birchbox December 2013

Birchbox has always been a subscription box that I look forward to getting in the mail, and this month was no different.

 
 The box itself is pretty and made it all the more fun to open.  What didn't make it fun to open was the fact that everything was practically frozen, and stayed that way for about a day.  

The Lash Fusion XL Mascara was one of the frozen items.  I would have been very excited to get this and try it out, but to this day (about a week later) it is still unusable.  I don't know if it's the fact that it was frozen, or it being dried out, but it's really a shame.

The cell phone sticker and the hair tie were extras this month.  I won't be using the cell phone sticker because I already have a phone case, but I do like the hair tie.  I have a few I bought from Target that stretched out after a use or two, so I hope that this one will last a little longer.


I have a love hate relationship with sea salt spray.  I love how it makes everyone elses hair look.  I hate how itchy it makes my scalp and how it just makes my hair look stringy.  That being said, this Sea Salt Spray from Toni&Guy is ah-mazing.  It doesn't make my hair stringy, and it adds that coveted wavy voluminous look.  

The S.M.A.R.T Skin Perfecting Polisher is an interesting product.  You're supposed to put it on your face, rub it around, and when it balls up you wipe it off.  No water, no muss, no fuss.  I have no idea if it works, or how it would react with my skin right now so I'm holding off.  

The Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips made me giggle because of the name.  It was the other item in the box that came frozen/hard.  It took a good two days for this to thaw out so I could even see what it was like. I think this thick balm is perfect for the winter and I would love to see the full sized product in my stocking *Hint Hint*.

No comments:

Post a Comment