Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Tag

Hi There Dolls,

I was browsing around in the blogosphere and I found this cute little tag on Makeup Pixi3's blog and just had to take part in this.  It's a Christmas tag, which she opened up to everyone, and I am opening up to everyone as well!  

Here it goes:

1.  Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
Synthetic.  A one time buy that you can tuck away in a closet every year.  I worked in a home improvement store that sold real trees and loved the smell, but hated the cleanup.  Also I'm not a strong person so I could never cut the damn things.  The thought of having to freeze my toes off every year to cut down a tree never appealed to me, even being from the north and spending six months in the cold weather.

2.  You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
Peppermint Hot Cocoa.  I drink coffee everyday, so I'm pretty boring with my coffee choice.  I like it strong, with cream, and no sugar.  But around holiday times they bring out the hot cocoa with peppermint and I just can't resist. 

3.  Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
White and blue.  If I could have a tree with white lights and blue ornaments on it every year I would.  If I was forced to change it up the ornaments would be purple, but the lights are always white. 

4.  Giving or receiving?
Giving!  I love the look on peoples faces when they open presents.  I put a lot of thoughts into what to give people so that they light up when they open their presents. 

5.  To mince pie or not to?
Never had it.  I don't really have any want to try it.  I'm a pumpkin and blackberry pie girl.  Not pumpkin blackberry... seperately of course.

6.  What's your traditional sunday lunch?
If you mean what do we eat on Christmas that would be ham, meatballs, rolls, sandwiches, cookies, and pies.  Super unhealthy, but still a tradition. Christmas eve is steak, crackers, cheese, pigs in a blanket, a veggie tray, any kind of finger food basically. 

7.  Christmas day fashion
Sweaters.  Everyone wears sweaters and jeans.  When we used to go to church on Christmas we used to wear dresses and nice clothes and looked presentable, and as soon as we got home we would change into sweaters and jeans and open presents. 

8.  What's your favourite Christmas song?
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.  Silver Bells.  Every Christmas song ever.  I love Christmas songs.

9.  What's your favourite Christmas film?
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty The Snowman, The Year Without A Santa Clause.  All the stop motion classics.

10.  Open presents before or after lunch?
Both.  Like I said before when we used to do church in the morning it was after lunch, but now we all open presents in the morning in our respective households, and then all congregate at my Grandmothers house to eat food and exchange gifts among the family.

I love tag posts.  They seem really fun and give a little insight on the individual as well.

If you see any other tags out there let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment