Monday, December 9, 2013

Sample Society Beauty Box December 2013

I am a huge fan of subscription boxes.  You never really know what you're going to get, and nine times out of ten you are getting products you've never tried before.

This months Allure Sample Society Beauty box was all about Holiday Hair / Winter Skin.  
 
Contents of the box

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant - When I first opened the box I thought this was a liquid with a pump on it, but it's actually a powder.  It's a rice based formula that is supposed to be gentle on your skin, and it has no noticeable scent.  I've never used a powder exfoliant before (I've had one waiting in my stash for a few months but they make me a little nervous to be honest).  This may just be the thing that makes me change my mind though.
Alterna Bamboo Style Texturizing Boost Power-  If this stuff works I'll be amazed and I will also repurchase it, which will be a first and an excuse to use the discount code.  I have big hair but lately it's been a sad state of affairs.  I would love some volume from the roots and not the ends (I know, it's weird, I don't understand it either).  Definitely excited about this product.
Alterna Caviar Dry Shampoo-  I already have this and have only used it once.  Now that I have two samples of this I can give it an honest review and not worry about using too little or too much.  The one thing I can say is that it is much different than an aerosol and gives a cleaner application, and you don't have to worry about it getting everywhere.

  

Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night Moisturizer-  I  will be giving this a shot tonight.  I have heard good things about this brand and how it doesn't break you out so I'm excited to use this.  Another bonus is that it smells really good too!

Diego Dalla Palma Rossorosetto Lipstick in Mauve-  I put up a swatch to show the color, and it's a sophisticated color that I would normally never choose.  The sample is extremely small but I can probably get two or three applications from it.  It has no smell whatsoever and is highly pigmented, both great qualities in a lipstick, but the price for the full sized tube is a little much for me.

Overall I love this month's box.  I will use all of the products in this box and hope they all live up to their claims.  If you're not subscribed to this service you definitely should be.  It's $15.90 a month with a yearly subscription and you can sign up here!

Are you subscribed to any subscription boxes?

2 comments:

  1. Ah I see Diego Dalla Palma products in M&S I think, all the time! They look really lovely and that colour is nice!
    I haven't ever subscribed to a beauty box but I might next year.

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love subscription boxes. I think they are an amazing way to get you to step out of your comfort zone and try out new products. I definitely recommend getting some! They usually have a great return policy and easy cancellation policy if you don't like the boxes you're getting. A great site I used to see a few boxes and their values before I bought them was http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/.

      Delete