Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Motivational Wednesday Week #3



Motivational Wednesday is the one day of the week I give you guys a quote or phrase to help you (but mostly myself) get through the week.  This weeks quote is all about support.

#inspirational #quote #tentree 

I am one of those people who finds themselves every so often shedding old acquaintances and focusing on those who bring out the best in me.  Just last week at lunch I told one of my very good friends that I needed people in my life who were focused on the world around them and not on themselves.  If I am going to get out of my little turtle shell I need people around me who want to experience life, and not those who can't see past their own nose.

Who we need in our life varies from person to person, and changes with time.  I've had the "cool" friends, the "edgy" friends, the friends who were always up for a drink, or the friends who were always available to come hang out after work, and even the friends who suck everything out of you and you keep them because you need to feel wanted.  One thing they all had in common?  They all pushed me up, they all supported me, and at that moment we were each others family and we made each other better.  

When you look for new friends, or even at the ones you've had for years, the one standard should be that they pick you up and make you the best version of yourself.  Gone are the days of keeping people around just because you ride the bus together, or sit near each other at lunch.  Find those true friends (chances are there will only be a handful) and give them 110% just like you want them to give you. 

You can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends.
Happy Wednesday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment