Saturday, January 25, 2014

Birchbox January 2014

Once again the new year has arrived, and with it a whole new set of beauty boxes to enjoy!

Birchbox is always one of my favorite boxes to open, and this month they did not disappoint.

 

These cute cards come with every box.  They give you a rundown of what products you got in this month's box, the full retail value, and a little snippet of info about the product itself.

My favorite fragrance is Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture.  When I opened up this month's box I saw a shiny pink package and immediately though it was going to be Viva La Juicy, but it was Couture La La.  I've always found the smell to be a little too prefumey (does that make sense?), but it is always nice to have little bottles on hand when you want to change up your scent for a day.  Maybe this will grow on me?

I have tried a sample of the Burts Bees Night Cream before, and I was super excited to see the day lotion in this month's box.  This was our add on item (what?!?! Best add on yet), and not only does it smell delicious but if it's anything like it's counterpart it will be gone in a few days.

The Inika product I received was an eyeshadow. It's a loose powder in the color Eternal Marine.  The best way to describe the color is blue/green/gray.  I think over a black or white shadow this would look amazing, especially in these winter months.


The Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream reminds me of a leave in conditioner more than a glossing cream.  It smells like lemons and feels slick to the touch.  I can imagine this being very easy to use too much product on your hair, but if it really tames fly aways it's a chance I'm willing to take.

When I first saw the Nail Rock product I squealed like a little kid.  I have been looking for a navy color for months and can never seem to find one, so the color for me is a huge hit (I'm actually wearing it now).  The flocking powder makes me nervous and excited all at the same time.  I have never been ballsy enough to go buy the flocking powder myself, but I have almost every other nail art product besides it.  I will definitely be trying this out in the immediate future, so look for a review!

I love love love love loved this months box.  I have never been happier with Birchbox, and hope this is an omen of good things to come this year with this subscription box.

Do you subscribe to Birchbox?

No comments:

Post a Comment