Sunday, January 5, 2014

Get To Know Me, Beauty Edition.



I found this cute little tag on Always Unpresentable's blog, and being a huge sucker for tags (just  a warning there may be a few coming up this week on the blog) I just had to do it. Even though I wasn't tagged.  It's a compulsion I swear.

Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Wavy.  Some days I can fake a few good Shirley temple esque curls, but mostly it just has crazy beachy waves.


Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
Myself.  If I mess it up I don’t curse anyone but myself, and It’s a lot cheaper than going to a salon.


Do you wear the same style everyday or do you change it?
Change it up.  I get bored all the time.


Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I do it myself unless a friend asks me to go get one with them.  With the frequency I change my manicure I would spend a fortune at a salon.


How often do you change your nail polish?
Whenever I feel like it.  Sometimes four times a week, sometimes once a week, but generally twice a week.  I like having new shiny nails and designs.


Do you polish your toes in winter or just in summer?
All year round.  It doesn’t chip nearly as much as my fingernails do so I can usually leave a polish on them for a month or more before I take it off and re-apply it. 


How long does it take you to put on your make up?
On a late/rushed day under five minutes, but on a normal day it takes about 10-15 minutes.  For special occasions I can take up to a half hour, but any more than that and I start to look like a clown.


What do you do first, face or eyes?
Face.


Do you collect make-up or do you just buy what you need and when you need it?
Collect.  I keep telling myself I’ll change up my style and wear more colors and get out of my comfort zone, but it hasn’t happened yet. It is a new year though, so I think I’ll pull out my less used makeup and see what happens.


How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Once in a blue moon.  I desperately want to wear them more regularly but I can’t master putting them on without them falling off or being crooked.


Do you do a full-face make-up everyday?
When I work, yes.  When I’m home all day I don’t wear anything on my face.


Do you wear make-up when you’re home alone or with your family?
Home alone no, but when I’m going to be seeing anyone but my boyfriend (Sorry!) I will put on makeup.


Would you leave the house without make-up on?
No.  Nope.  Not gonna happen.


How many high-end products do you own?
Few.  Only the ones I have gotten in beauty boxes, and even then it’s only sample sizes.  I can’t justify spending hundreds of dollars on high end makeup when I can find dupes at the drugstore.


Do you plan your OOTD every night or when you’re getting dressed?
Hahaha, sorry, no.  It’s always a mad dash to grab whatever is clean and appropriate for where I am going.  Case in point, I had a funeral to go to recently and I just grabbed anything black out of my closet that fit and threw it in my bag.  I’m that terrible with fashion.


How often do you change your handbag?
I barely use a purse.  I have one full of my “necessary” things which I feel like I will totally use during the day and never do.  I like pockets, and mine are usually crammed full of things.


What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
Between 1030PM and 2AM, and I wake up two hours before I have to go to work.  No matter what time work is, it can be at 1PM or 6AM, I will wake up two hours before and no sooner.  It’s a mental thing.


Left-handed or right-handed?
Right handed.


How tall are you?
5’4”.  I think.


How many pets do you have?
None, but I really want a kitten and the boyfriend wants a puppy. 


How often do you blog?
I would love to get to a point where it is an everyday thing, but it is usually every other day, or at least three times a week when I am struggling for content.


Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Always. 


Do you keep a list of products you see on other blogs?
I try to, but most of the blogs I read focus on high end products, or UK brands.  I have a hard time committing to anything over $10 makeup wise.  I’m a cheapskate.  I’d rather eat.


How did you come up with your blog name?
I wrote a poem once called It’s Poker Dollface, and ever since it’s been my username for anything and everything. 


What’s your favourite color?
Anything but Brown. 


Do you swear?
Like a sailor.  But not around children, loudly in public, or at work.  I do have boundaries.


What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Going shopping and cleaning the apartment.


Do you love tag posts as much as I do?  

No comments:

Post a Comment