Friday, January 17, 2014

Blush Mystery Beauty Box January 2014

January is the start of a new year, and a new round of beauty boxes!

The first box I received this month was the Blush Mystery Beauty Box.

Even before I dug into the bag I got a sneak peek of what I would find inside with this cute little card.  Not only does it tell me what's inside the bag, but also a little about what the products do.  I have a bag full of the cards from all of my beauty boxes hidden under my vanity in case I ever need to remember what something does, or where it came from.

Cetaphil reminds me of a cold cream, or something you would use if you were sick to make you feel better.  I'm not sure why, but that's what I associate the name with.  Apparently I am wrong in thinking that though, and it is actually a skincare brand, and I got a sample of their cleanser and lotion as my added bonus mystery item this month.  Not super thrilled, but I know it will get used. 

Side note: I hate lotion foil packets.  I never use the whole thing in one go and it usually leaks all over the place. Does anyone else have this problem?

The smallest sample I got in this month's bag is the Jane Iredale Lipstick in Tokyo.   It is a sparkly pink color, and even though most people think this is too small for anything and a waste, I love it.  I never use a whole tube of lipstick, and this little gem fits in any sized clutch or pocket.

The Glytone Hydrate Eye Cream is a welcome surprise in a beauty box.  I hear bloggers rant up and down about eye creams but you rarely find one in beauty boxes, unless it's in the dreaded foil packets.  This is great because it comes in a tube, you can reseal it, and you have more than enough to fully experience the product.

The Goldfaden MD Wake Up Call is a serum/lotion you apply at night to help you look more awake and refreshed in the morning.  I can tell this will be a welcome addition to my flu season (or hangover) makeup/skincare collection. 


The Klorane Leave In Conditioner smells delicious.  I don't like to use leave in creams as much as I like leave in sprays, but it is definitely worth a shot.  Especially on the weekends where I stay inside I can put some of this in my hair and not worry about it being too greasy.

The LeeDee is a very strange product.  It is an exfoliator, but to me it just looks like a thick dull metal blade.  You're supposed to run it along your skin in the shower and it is supposed to take of dead skincells.  Who knows.  I'll try it and report back.

The final thing I pulled out of the bag was the oddest thing I have ever gotten in a beauty box... ever.  It's Harmonized Water.  It's supposed to help regulate your digestive system (think along the lines of activia).  I'm extremely skeptical about this.  I don't want it to make me sick, and I don't know if it's another snake oil product that people bought into with the new health kick probiotic thing happening in the US.

Overall I thought the box was okay.  I liked last months box a lot more, and hoped they would stay on that trend into the new year, but if this box is representative of what's to come I'm a little nervous. 

Would you subscribe to the Blush Box after seeing the contents of this month's box?

No comments:

Post a Comment