Okay, I'm a little late on the new years posts, but there were some complications, so I forgive myself. I already wrote a post like this, but like I said at the end of the post, my list grew. No shame.
Anywhoo, as a way to hold myself accountable and have some added support in making these resolutions come true, I've decided to blog them.
1. Wear more colors: I always find myself in the same rut. Black clothes, dark colors, plain clothing, no jewelry. I need to stop that. One quick way to feel better about yourself is to dress to impress yourself, and that is definitely something I need to do more of. I have the clothes, I have colored clothing, I have tons of jewelry, I just have to wear it.
2. Stop with the nudes: I always default to nude and natural colors on my eyes and lips, and while it can give you a really classic look, it can also make you feel monotonous. I feel mundane and complacent and stagnant and color is the way to pull me out of it. Whether it's one of the many bright lipsticks I have hiding around, or a pop of color on the lower lash line or right above my liner, I'm going for it. I've already managed to pull off a bright blue lower lash line/smudged out on the top crease without imploding, and my boyfriend even liked it!
3. Drink more water: This should be everyone's resolution. I've been terrible and drinking coffee and sodas and skipping the water. I'm paying for it. I have less energy, feel bloated and sluggish, and I'm not nearly as happy as I am when I drink water throughout the day. I also hear it helps you lose weight, and what girl doesn't want to lose a little weight before the summer?
4. Cut back on the alcohol: Yep. It's bad for you. You end up with a lot of questions the next morning, and can never find the remote. Nuff said.
5. Eat better: I'm terrible at keeping food resolutions. I started off my saying absolutely no gluten. Well since going back to work, and not having time to go food shopping, I have been eating way too much takeout and bad stuff. Now I'm not saying zero gluten, but I am saying next to none. If I have a hamburger with a bun, I won't beat myself up. If I want a sandwich for lunch I'll eat it. But I will not eat takeout twice a day, and will limit my gluten intake to one thing a day, and combat that with veggies and soups. Time to break out those cookbooks!
6. Wear more jewelry: I have necklaces, bracelets, rings galore, and I never wear them. I love jewelry. I love statement pieces. But I get scared. I get nervous that it'll be too much and I'll look like the 80's. But as a part of my new fearless attitude, I think at least one statement piece a day has to be worn. I should instagram it just so I can have a record.
I know people come out with a huge list of resolutions that they never stick to, but I think all of these are more than manageable.
What are your new years beauty resolutions? Do you every stick to any of them?