Friday, January 10, 2014

De Mert Nail Drying Spray : First Impressions

I can't remember the last time I had polish on my nails and they didn't have a dent or smudge on them.  Honestly it's probably never happened.  I just like to be optimistic.

I am so bad about my nails in fact that even at the salon I get yelled at to stop moving my hands.

When I read on Vivianna Does Makeup about the Mava Dry range of nail polish hardeners/dryers I may have squealed in delight.  I vowed to someday get my hands on something similar, or the real thing if I could find it.  On a recent trip to Ulta I found a mini bottle of what is supposed to be a dupe of the stuff and onto the checkout line I went.



The theory behind this product is that you spray it on your wet nail polish and it is supposed to dry it quickly so you don't smudge or dent your nails. You hold it about 4-5 inches away from your nails, and you spray each nail, coating it evenly.

 It has a nice floral smell, and the aerosol sprayer made it really easy to use.  However, it did not help my polish dry at all.  It actually made my top coat take longer to dry, which to me was really odd. 

I had really high hopes for this.  I really wanted it to work, so badly that I tried it twice. I think my folly may have come from the top coat, and I am hoping that it will work with just a regular polish.  I refuse to give up on this product until I try it until it works, or I run out. 

Until then I will try to find the Mava Dry Drying Spray and see what happens.

Have any of you tried the De Mert Nail Drying Spray?  If so, did it work for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment