Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sample Society January 2014


New year, new batch of beauty boxes arriving at my door.


The Sample Society beauty box is quickly becoming an obsession of mine.

I love getting these cards in beauty boxes. Sometimes I get a product and have no idea how to use it, and these give you an idea about not only how to use the product, but why.

I've gotten a butter LONDON product in this box before, and I love this brand.  This cuticle oil is something I have seen on other beauty blogs and really wanted to try, but $15 seemed a little much for me.  I can officially say I'm obsessed with this product and it is perfect to keep next to the bed on these cold winter nights.  Bonus, it smells like coconuts and yummy.

The Nicole by Nicole Riche smells like any adult perfume you stole from your mom when you were a kid, albeit a little more flowery and fruity.  This is a perfume I will definitely keep of fancy dinners and parties.  It makes me feel like a grown up.

I rmember being a kid and buying the blue and green color changing lipsticks that were huge in the 90's.  Like most things 90's, this has come back in a more sophisticated way, which is less shocking to the eyes and more of a descrete party trick than a full blown magic show.  While the sample is small, it packs a punch, and I am totally in love with it. Bonus, it smells like strawberry lollipops.  Really?  Amazing.


I have the night version of the Hope In A Jar moisturizer and I love it.  This... I do not love.  Not one bit.  I will be dedicating a post to it later.  

The StriVectin moisturizer is supposed to help with fine lines an wrinkles.  I think early prevention of wrinkles is a great idea, but the size of this sample is very deceiving (this tiny sample came in such a big box) and I'm not sure how much it will actually help.  But I do love a good moisturizer. 

I like all but one of the products in this box.  I always feel like I get a great deal when I open up this box, and it only seems to get better every month.

Have you tried any of the products in this box?

No comments:

Post a Comment