Monday, February 17, 2014

Deep Cleansing Oil

I wear a full face of makeup to work.  Concealer, foundation, powders, eyeshadows, liquid liner, mascara, the works.  So after 8+ hours of having a face full of products, the first thing I want to do when I get home is take it all off and relax.

Most girls have an arsenal of products lining their bathrooms to remove, exfoliate, and renew their skin, and I am no different.  Whenever I get a new product I put it right in the lineup with the rest and give it a go when the time feels right.  Except in the case of the Deep Cleansing Oil from DHC which I was so excited to find in a beauty box that I bumped it to the front of the line like a girl in a skin tight dress at the club. 



First Impression: Face oil that takes off your makeup?  I like this idea. Okay, this is a little hard to get out of the bottle, and pretty thick.  I need more than I thought I would to get this all over my face.  This is harder than I thought.  Is this stuff even working? 
After Cleansing:  Successfully removed my makeup, good.  My face doesn't feel oily, also good.  My skin doesn't feel tight and dry at all.  Why does this smell like olive oil?
Overall: Okay, so I like this product.  It's not perfect, it smells like olive oil and reminds me a lot of the olive oil/castor oil mixture I was using to wash my face last summer.  It's thick, which makes it a little hard to get out of the bottle because it isn't completely open at the top, and you use more of it than you're probably supposed to.  But it works.  It took all of my makeup off, it didn't irritate my skin, and I'll definitely use this until it's gone.
Repurchase: No.  If I wanted an oil cleanser that smelled like olive oil I would revert back to the concoction I used over the summer.  That's really the only reason why.  The smell of the products I put on or near my face is a huge factor in whether I will ever use it again or whether I just can't give it up.  You hear that skincare people?  Some of us like their skincare products to be scented, even if only slightly.
 
Do you have any favorite face washes?  Are any of them an oil? 

No comments:

Post a Comment