Friday, February 28, 2014

Things That Don't Work For Me/ Things I Am Bad At

Being an avid blog reader, more than once I've fallen prey to trends.  I can get sucked into the new shades of the season, the new clothing items of the moment, etc.

Sometimes it works really well for me, other times it works out terribly.  Here is a list of some of the things that worked out not so well, but I kept of trying, and they still don't work.

Nude lips-  No matter what type of nude shade I find, pink undertones, peachy, more yellow undertones, do not work for me.  I look washed out and like I slathered on layers of foundation and my lips disappeared.  I now have more than a few tubes of lipstick, a few pots of gloss, and some liners, all of which I keep trying to make work, but they don't. This summer I might try a fake tan to see if I can at least make it work six months out of the year.

Gel Liner-  I don't know how to use it.  At all.  I have some, I've tried it many a time, and I end up looking like a panda, or the lead singer of a grunge rock band.  I think it can look amazing, and chic, and can amp up any look, so I hate that I'm bad at it.  I think I'll stick with my liquid liner for now, and only rock the panda look around the house until I can get this right.

False Eyelashes- I want to be good at these, but I'm not.  I can't make them fit my eyes, they always fall off, I've glued my eye shut so many times.  It's a mess.  I'm a mess.  But I love how they look.  I don't know what to do.

Contouring- I do it, everyday, without fail, and I'm still not good at it.  I can't make my face look slim or cute or accentuate my nose, define my neckline, the whole shebang.  I have a problem. I refuse to stop trying to make this work for me.  Anyone have suggestions on colors or brushes or anything I can use to make this happen for me?  I'm obsessed with things I'm bad at.

Short Hair-  It's time in my life I face some facts.  I have chubby cheeks, and even at my lowest weight there was no definition to my face.  It's oval, I think, which should be awesome with a lot of different hairstyles, and it is, I can pull a lot of things off, but short hair is not one of them.  Anything above my shoulders just makes me look... wrong.  It accentuates all the things I don't like about my face, and makes me super self conscious.  Do not like.

Fashion- I don't have a fashion sense, or a sense of style.  I keep telling people I need a stylist to help me get ready everyday or I just end up looking like a hot mess.  Someone help me with fashion.  I need it.

Who wants to give me tips on how to not be bad at these things?  Someone?  Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment