Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Motivational Wednesday on a Tuesday

Dolls,  it's been a rough week.  Well.. it was a rough week.  Here's a saying that if I had known it then, I would have shouted it at everyone:

#quotes #sayings #affirmations

Now, I work retail.  It's coming into spring season, and for those of you who have ever worked retail you know that means bigger crowds and all sorts of different personalities.  I understand how people can think they are the only people coming into your store and you should only cater to them, screw the long line ahead of them or the clearly worn out associate who is just trying to better themselves.  But that just isn't true.  I have never, no matter how angry or upset I was, interrupted a conversation between a worker and a customer to yell or scream.  Or better yet, assume that because they are on the phone they must just be pretending so it's okay to berate them for not taking care of your issue right that second.  But I have been at the other end of these situations.  You want to know how I end up with a smile on my face?

Kindness.  Respect.  Patience.

Keep these things in mind on the bad days at the bad times because for every one bad customer or person you get you are always surrounded by five who wish you well and say "God bless".  Look for the good in the people who yell the loudest.  You can't please everyone, you never will, but don't ruin the experience for the next person just because the person before them was rude.  Treat everyone you meet with a smile and kindness, and you will reap the benefits.

I always find a smile melts a cold heart faster than anything.



2 comments:

  1. I totally understand! I used to work in retail before I got my internship and I never understood why people were so rude to us people who work there.

    Good luck for the upcoming horde of customers come Spring/Summer!

    Chynna x

    http://deuxvillefilles.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm sure I'll need it.

    ReplyDelete