Friday, February 7, 2014

Ipsy Bag January 2014

I usually love the things I get in my Ipsy Bag, but this month it fell short in a lot of ways. 


The Apothederm serum is actually a generous sample for serums.  It's lightweight, smells amazing, and since I'm all into serums right now it's a welcome addition to my little collection.

I already have the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner.  It smells good, but with the sample I already have, it wasn't something I was excited to get in this months bag.  

I already wrote a review of the Willa facial wipes on the blog, so you can see a full review of my feelings on them here.  Another disappointing item in this months bag.


My new lip savior landed in this months bag, and that's the Malin + Goetz mojito lip balm.  This stuff is amazing.  Nuff said.  Full review here.

The Smooth Shadow in Pearl was something I was excited to get in this months box, until I swatched it.  It looks nice, it could do really well as an under the eye bottom lash thing, but holy glitter.  For something claiming to be a smooth shadow, it has really big glitter chunks, and after a few hours it just looks like I went to a disco complete with glitter raining down on my face.  I'm determined to find a use for this though, so stay tuned.

Out of the five products in this months bag, one was a repeat, two were not my cup of tea, and two were pleasant surprises. I still have really high hopes for this subscription box, even though I wasn't blown away.  

Fingers crossed for this month's box!

No comments:

Post a Comment