Saturday, November 16, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag November 2013

Hey There Dolls,
As you know I am a huge fan of beauty subscriptions, and one of those subscriptions is to the Ipsy Glam Bag.  This month was a huge hit for me, and one of my all time favorites from the contents down to the bag itself.

The Be A Bombshell lip crayon is in the shade shameless.  It is a pinky red color, that at first glance looks to be a dark red, but when applied is a sparkly medium red color.  It is perfect for the person who doesn't want a bold lip, but would still like some color.  It applies smoothly and can be built up if desired.

I was really excited for the em lash gallery mascara.  I love a good chunky eyelash, and the more mascaras I can try out the better.  The brush is slightly curved, and has what looks like a cross between fiber and plastic bristles.  It looks to be a black mascara, and is not waterproof, but since it is a volumizing mascara it will go under a waterproofer or a waterproof mascara.

I'm not usually a fan of sparkly eyeliners, but this sparkly purple liner will look great on the lower lashline in winter.  It's by the brand Star Looks, which I have never heard of before, and it is a Gem pencil in the color Amethyst.  It glides on really smooth, and is not a chunky glitter, but a fine glitter.  As long as it doesn't pepper my cheeks with glitter I think this pencil and I will get along just fine.

I received another bh cosmetics product in an Ipsy bag a few months back and I didn't like it at all.  The shade Sun in the Galaxy Chic collection has changed my mind about the brand.  It looks mottled in the package, but comes out this gorgeous peach color that will be perfect for a lazy day.  It's a shimmer shade, that goes on very smooth, and will probably be a new favorite in my makeup rotation.

I have tried a few Pixi brand products I've received in boxes and I loved them.  Their mascara is perfect for layering, and their eyeliners are buttery smooth and highly pigmented, so when I saw this bronzer I was more than excited to try it out. I received the shade Subtly Suntouched and it is a very light colored bronzer.  It is very soft, with a fine shimmer, and will give my face that little bit of glow in the cold dark winter months.

The last product is the Nailtini nail polish in the shade Champagne.  I have a love for rose gold, and this shade is absolutely wonderful.  I expect to get a lot of use out of this product, and any other metallic polishes I have in my collection this winter.  To me this product screams fancy dinner party, cocktail dress, and tiny foods on silver trays.  Oh, and of course champagne.

From Top: Pixi Bronzer in  Subtly Suntouched, Be A Bombshell Lip Crayon in Shameless, Star Looks Gem Pencil in Amethyst, bh cosmetics baked eyeshadow in Sun.
  I highly recommend the Ipsy Glam Bag if you don't already have a subscription.  At only $10 a month for 4-5 full/sample sized beauty products it is well worth the investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment