Monday, September 30, 2013

Falsies: What Not To Do

Hello Everyone,

Today I decided to do something a little different with my makeup routine.  On a recent trip to target I saw these false lashes by E.L.F for only a dollar, and thought what the hey, I'll give em a go.

I picked up the full lashes and the individuals.  Silly me forgot to take a picture of them before I put them on, but they come in a little white box and look like any other synthetic eyelashes I've seen in the drugstores.

I put on my makeup as usual and for my last step I grabbed the lashes, slathered glue all over them, blew on them a little, and stuck them on my eyes.  Unbeknownst to me I had put way too much glue on the inner part of the lash, closest to my tearduct, and a little bit got on my eye.  It burned like a son of a gun, let me tell you.  I ripped the lashes off, took out my contact, and used makeup remover to get off any traces of the glue and flushed my eye out with solution.  Not to be dettered I waited a few minutes, trimmed off the inner of the lash to a little less than half way, reapplied my makeup, put a lot less glue on the lash, and stuck them back on.


Even after my previous debacle I love them.  They are huge and over the top and lovely.  I feel like these would be good for going out to dinner, or even just having a fun day out of the house. 

My new goal is to master the false lashes and with Halloween coming up there are bound to be some more fun lashes floating around the local drugstores.  Those and the liner tattoo's.  Those would be fun too don't ya think?

-Care

No comments:

Post a Comment