Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Skin Care Stash: Face Masks Pt. 1

Hello Everyone,

I am going to try to fit in a segment every week of products you can find in my skin care stash.  One type of product that completely overwhelms my collection is face masks.  Some for hydrating, some that exfoliate, and some that promise to unclog my pores.  This week's edition of my skin care stash is all about face masks that aim to clear the blemishes from my skin.

Now, keep in mind, these are not all of the masks I have in my collection for this purpose, but these are the ones I find myself reaching for more and more as the season changes.  I just finished up my last packet of one of my favorite masks, the Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Anti-Stress Mud Masque, so I won't be showing it here until I can get myself a few more.  I usually use two of these in succession, after exfoliation, and as my skin is very oily in the T zone and dry-ish on my cheeks, I tend to use one all over and the second on my T zone area to clear out the blackheads.  

H2O Sea Mineral Mud Mask, Formula 10.0.6 Deep down Detox. Formula 10.0.6 No Time To Shine, Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure

Swatched
As you can see the H2O mask is really that bright blue color the tube is.  It has a really nice clean smell, with a hint of "mud", which is very earthy and pleasant.  It is not as thick as a clay mask, and you don't need a lot to cover your face.   It doesn't dry out your skin, and leaves it feeling really soft.  At about $7 it is definitely worth the money if you are looking for a non harsh pore clearing wonder.

The Formula 10.0.6 line is one of my absolute favorites for facial masks. The Deep Down Detox smells like oranges, and applies like a clay mask.  I like to use a brush to smooth it on my face as I feel it gives you mor control than your fingers do. This is normally the first mask I put on when I start to feel my skin having an uproar.  It sucks all the bad stuff out of your pores and leaves you looking smooth and soft and noticeably clearer.  This was about $6 from Ulta.com, which I would highly recommend to people who are still unsure of deep cleaning masks, and don't want to invest in high high priced masks.

The Formula 10.0.6 No Time To Shine mask is one that saved me a lot of hassle in the summer months.  It took that greasy oil slick that tends to crop up in the southern heat and calmed it right down for the rest of the day.  It wasn't huge on clearing out my pores, so if you're looking for something to curb the oil and clear out your pores you might want to look into a two step process, or just a whole different product.  It does contain clay, and applies very smoothly when applied with a brush. Overall the smell wasn't great, and smelled a lot like mud, but worked for its purpose. This was about $6 from Ulta.com.

The Formula 10.0.6 is the first mask I tried from the brand.  It smells like strawberries, and helped my blackhead situation immensely.  It applies like a clay mask, which I like to apply with a brush, and you can feel it working immediately.  This mask does get a little warm so beware if you have very sensitive skin, but I'm left, like with all of the 10.0.6 masks, with clearer smoother happier skin. This was about $6 from Ulta.com, as is the whole line of masks, so for beginners who want immediate results and want to love their skin again, this is a definite go.

What masks do you see yourself reaching for more and more to clear troubled skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment