Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Favorite Things About Autumn



 Hello Everyone,
I saw this on a Beauty Bucket List's Blog.
I though this was the cutest thing, and with not being able to find the proper lighting to take pictures in the past few days this was a perfect post to put up.

 1. Favorite thing about autumn? 
My favorite thing about autumn would have to be the weather and the clothes that come along with it.  I love nothing more than snuggling up on the couch under blankets in a warm fuzzy sweater drinking tea or hot cocoa.  Going outside with your makeup and hair looking one way and coming back inside looking the same way also doesn’t help.  No more makeup melting off my face, hallelujah!   

2. Favorite drink? 
 Favorite drink in autumn?  Dunkachino from Dunkin Doughnuts.  It only comes out when it gets colder and it has no caffeine whatsoever but it is absolutely delicious.
 
 3. Favorite scent/candle? 
Anything musky and woodsy.  I like rich deep scents when it starts to get colder.  My favorites would have to be Warm Rustic Woods and Pure White Woods scented wax cubes you use in something like a scentsy melter.  They’re from better Homes and Gardens and I got them for a few dollars at Wal-Mart and they last forever.

4. Best lipstick? 
Honestly I don’t have a favorite autumn lipstick.  I tend to stick more to balms because my lips get so dry during the season change.  My favorite balm is just your plain old ChapStick Moisturizer/Original.  Second to that is Burts Bees, the plain one, in the stick form.  I have the pot but find it too messy to use on the go.
 
 5. Go to moisturizer? 
For my face it’s the Seaweed Mattifying Moisturizer from The Body Shop.  It’s still light enough not to bother my skin through the season changes, which is always a plus for me.  For my body it’s the Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter.  It smells heavenly and keeps my dry itchy skin at bay.

6. Go to colors for the eyes? 
Golds, coppers, browns, purples, and greens.  Any combination of those in a smoky eye makes me one happy person.  Add some winged eyeliner and about six layers of mascara and here comes my happy dance.

7. Favorite music or band/singer to listen to? 
Right now anything by Sara Bareilles and Josh Groban or Michael Buble.  Each of them clams my nerves and sets me in just the right mood to enjoy my favorite season.  Towards the end of the season however you will find me listening to Christmas music 24/7. 

 8. Favorite outfit to wear (i.e. boots & a scarf combo)? 
Boots boots boots and more boots.  Pair them with skinny jeans, a cute sweater/cardigan, a scarf, and slouchy hat.  If I could master the button up with the sweater over the top look that would most definitely be on this list too.

9. Autumn treat? 
Apple and pumpkin picking.   I used to go every year back in NY and it was always fun to see who got the best apples, who got the smallest apple, and who got the roundest best Jack O’ Lantern making pumpkin. 

10. Favorite place to be? 
On my couch, curled up in a few blankets, with the boy, watching a movie.  Although, that’s anytime really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment