Thursday, September 12, 2013

On Occasion...


Hey There Blogosphere,
On occasion I like to wear lipstick.  Now I know that sounds like a normal part of "putting on your face to face the day", but those days where I need that extra push to feel good about myself I throw on some lipstick and venture outside my apartment.  It also doesn't hurt that every time I do decide to put on lipstick I get the "you look like a pin up model", or my favorite "wow".  Shamelessly looking for attention? Yes, and when I'm feeling down, having strangers say I look pretty really cheers me up.

While I own more than a few different lipsticks, there are three that lately I love looking at and reach for more often than the rest.  

Those three lipsticks are (From Left) Wet N Wild 24 Carrot Gold, Model Co Party Proof Matte Lipstick in Red Velvet, and Mirabella Color Sheer in Pixie.  The only one I actually bought was the 24 Carrot Gold, and the other two were Birchbox and Ipsy Bag goodies.  Here they are below swatched outside in the sun, one swipe a piece.

Pixie, 24 Carrot Gold, Red Velvet
 They are all lovely shades, 24 Carrot Gold and Red Velvet are matte shades while Pixie is a gloss like finish.  The matte shades can be worn with one layer and still come off bold and rich, while the gloss can be built up slightly although its purpose is to remain sheer. 

The only cons I have however are that the matte shades are very drying and I recommend using a lip balm and exfoliating before applying them as you can see every imperfection. The wear time for all of these shades is relatively short, think about four hours without eating and drinking, but since I like newly applied lipstick about every hour it doesn't really bother me. Also, Red Velvet stains like nobody's business and takes a good scrub to get off your lips at the end of the day. 

What are some colors you like to wear when you need a pick me up?





No comments:

Post a Comment