Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Make Up Post From Monday

Hey There Dolls,

I didn't post Monday or Tuesday, because I was busy being internet lazy and instead opted to do housework that was long overdue (cough cough laundry).

Here is the post I was going to write Monday, but you can think about it as a second Wednesday post if you'd like too!

I subscribe to beauty boxes.  They are built into my monthly budget, and they make me spend a heckova lot less on beauty products than I used to.  I get to try new things I never would have picked up myself, and see if they really are worth the hype.  I also find new and exciting brands, and makeup and skincare things I never knew existed!  

This post is dedicated to Birchbox.  Birchbox costs $10 a month, and you get 4-5 skincare and beauty items every month to try out. 



I thought this month's box was interesting.  All things I would not buy for myself, but things I am pleased to see in the box.  There were two extras in the box this month, which were the baggie (cute), and the chapstick.  I am not a huge fan of the Chap Stick as it leaves my lips really slippery and doesn't hydrate as well as my go to Chap Stick, but it does smell like vanilla which is pleasant.

The Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser Lotion is a new concept to me.  I'm very much a "Slather cleanser on your face, followed by water to make bubbles, followed by a washcloth to get all the makeup and bubbles off my face" kinda girl.  I like things that foam for my face so I can see if I have any of it left to take off.  I have yet to try it, but I am intrigued.

The DDF Serum is meant to minimize pores and soften fine lines.  I have rather large pores on my cheek/nose area and have yet to find anything to make them get any smaller. The fine line thing is something that seems more probable to me.  I'm excited to try this out after my other little serum sample is gone, mainly because it looks like the vial from Resident Evil, except its orange, and that seems really cool for Halloween time.

Having Miss Jessie's Original Conditioner show up in this box makes me very happy.  I always see these products in Target, but refuse to get suckered into the packaging and blow all my money on one bottle of curl gel, or shampoo.  Since I have been using WEN I try and keep my haircare routine pretty minimal, and even more so since I just re-dyed my hair red.  I've given up conditioning after using the WEN for about two weeks now and I am really happy with the state my hair has been in (not getting greasy looking too quickly and whatnot) so  I'm almost tempted to have the boy, and his beautiful hair, try this out for me.

I have heard about theBalm Cosmetics from other bloggers, and was excited and disappointed to see this stain in the box this month.  Excited because I have never tried the brand, disappointed because I do not use stains.  Or, I have not used stains.  Maybe this product will change my mind on them, but as of right now they are messy, I always get them everywhere, and I haven't the slightest idea how to properly apply them without looking like I've been out in a snowstorm or drank too much kool-aid.  

For me this month's box brought a lot of new/interesting products which I am very excited to try over the next few weeks.  Look for some of them popping up in later posts! 

Subscribe to Birchbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment