Saturday, October 12, 2013

butter LONDON

Hello Everyone,

Last night I switched out my dark red polish for a new brand I have never had the pleasure of trying before.  I received the butter LONDON polish in The Old Bill in my October Sample Society Beauty Box, and decided this was the next shade that I would put on my nails.

Forgive the state of my nails.  They are still growing out from the acrylics I had about a month ago.  Oh and flannel is totally making a comeback in my closet, thank you fall!

I absolutely adore this polish.  The color, how easy it is to apply, the packaging, everything.  First off, the packaging is pretty unique to my polish collection.  It's square, and you take the top portion off the bottle, and then unscrew the brush that is underneath to apply the polish.  The application process for this color is pretty flawless.  I only had to apply two coats to get a fully opaque color, and it went on my nails very nicely.  It took a few minutes to dry, which for me is kind of a hassle because I always smack my hands on things and dent my nails, but that can be remedied with a quick drying top coat or some quick dry nail drops.  Unlike most other polishes, when it dried on the top, it was dry all the way through, so no sheet marks from the bed!  The color is a rosey-gold color.  It is probably meant to be gold, but the boy and I agree it definitely has a copper tint to it.  At $15 a bottle it is not something I would buy for myself, as I change up my polish rather frequently, so chipping is not a huge concern of mine, and I can probably find a similar color in a less expensive polish.

Overall I love this product, as it can be worn in warmer and colder months, and is something I didn't have in my collection before.  The only downside is the price, but if you are looking for a really good polish, in an amazing year round metallic color, and price is no issue, I say hop on the bandwagon and snatch up a bottle for yourself.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment