Saturday, October 26, 2013

Nail Lust

Hey There Dolls,

I am a huge fan of sparkles.  Anything sparkly and it's like Pavlov and his bell, I start to drool.  Not always figuratively.  So when you mix big chunky glitter and nail polish and I want it. All of it. Without shame.

Recently, a new trend in nail polish is this spotted glitter polish that makes your nails look like robins eggs.  I immediately started lusting after this polish and could not for the life of me find it anywhere.  Low and behold it was tucked away in the almost empty shelves of WalMart and I snatched up a bottle and grinned from ear to ear.



I chose the shade Drops Of Jade from the Maybelline Color Show Polka Dot collection.  I adore this color and have a similar one in an NYC polish without the glitter.  (I would really like to get my hands on the clear color with the glitter in it, which I will find, I'm determined.)  It only took two coats to get the amount of glitter I was looking for on my nails, and the color is not completely opaque, so your real nails do show through the polish.  I did notice chipping after about two days, but my nails are extremely damaged on the tips so I can't imagine it would be a huge concern for people with harder nails.  The glitter blends right into the polish so you're not left with rough nails like other glitter polishes can leave you with, meaning no snagging in your hair or on your clothes, and no crazy one sheet peel off if you snag a corner on anything.

Overall I really love this polish and just seeing it on my nails makes me one happy camper.  At about $3 a bottle the results just can't be beat in my eyes.  I highly recommend nail polish enthusiasts go out and grab themselves a bottle.

Happy Saturday Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I have a few of those. They're very cheap and come in pretty shades x

    ReplyDelete