Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ipsy Beauty Bag October 2013

Hey There Dolls,

I actually received this subscription about a week ago, and haven't gotten around to posting about it.  It's the Ipsy Beauty Bag for October 2013.  It costs $10 a month for a subscription.  Each month you get 4 or 5 sample size beauty products to try out from different brands.

This month was all about the basics.  Everything in the bag was something you could use everyday, and most of them are things that are really nice for your handbag.  Even though the products are all something I would use, this month's bag just didn't make me jump for joy like other months.

The bag itself is simple and pretty, and I'm a sucker for inspiring quotes.

The La Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes are the perfect size to fit right in your handbag, and for late nights or just to freshen up they are perfect.  The smell reminds me of grapefruit, something I actually like a lot.  

The Zoya Nail Polish is in the shade Giovanna and I absolutely love it.  For me this is something I would consider a winter color, as it is blues and greens, and for me royal colors mean winter and snow and layers of clothing.  I have one other Zoya polish which I liked, but this one doesn't have sparkles in it so I feel like the wear will be a lot nicer.

The Buxom Lip Gloss is in the shade Dolly.  It smells strongly of vanilla, and is quite sticky.  It also has these little golden sparkles throughout it, and is a much lighter pink-mauve than in the photo above.  For me this is not a winner.  I'm not a fan of lip gloss, and especially the very sticky formulas.  

The Nourish Organic hand lotion in Coconut & Argan is actually quite nice.  The smell is wonderful and it sinks into the skin in minutes.  I am always looking for a small thing of lotion to pop into my handbag for the winter, and this ticks all the boxes.  Smells nice, sinks in quickly, no greasy hands after application. Winner!

The big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel is not something I would buy for myself, as I very rarely blow dry my hair.  It smells like rubbing alcohol mixed with... that traditional gel smell.  (I have no idea how to describe it.  If you grew up around a boy in the 90's though, you know the smell.)  I may try using this without blow drying my hair as a more traditional gel type product, but more than likely this will be given to my sister in law the next time I see her.

All in all very good products to keep in your handbag, but nothing I was falling over myself to try out.  

Happy Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment