Sunday, October 6, 2013

Guest Post: Tay's on the hunt for BB Creams!

My hunt for BB Cream...

I have been having the WORST time trying to find something to cover my red cheeks and random blemishes on my face. I used to just use regular lotion (Philosophy's Hope in a Jar: which was AMAZING, by the way; we can add that to one of my many reviews). I have really dry skin on my cheeks and am oily on my chin and forehead.

I decided to pick up Rimmel's BB Cream in LIGHT: I have heard many good reviews about it and it retail for about $8. I've only tried it the past two days and it takes quite some time to dry. When I pulled my hoodie on about twenty minutes after applying it, a little bit (just a little!) rubbed off on the inside of my hoodie. Which I can deal with, no problem. It's been about 3 hours now and when I rub my face, the tiniest BB cream comes off on my fingertips but it doesn't affect the cream on my face. I learned that I have to rub it in better when I apply it. So, I say thumbs up.

I also picked up over my birthday weekend, Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm. Just the trial size in the generic color (there's only one). $18 for a trial tube and I have to say I'm not impressed. I can't rub it over my eyebrows, where some of my dry skin is also, because it cakes the BB cream in my brow hairs. It also shows the dry patches of my cheeks and rubs off a lot easier than the Rimmel or my Covergirl oh, and is more pigmented than the others. It's almost too orange for my skin but after I put bronzer and blush on, I make it work. I try SO hard to make it work. This one, I'm gonna have to say is a thumbs down and hopefully I can give it off to one of my friends that has less dry skin.

On a side note:

Bite's High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate: I am IN LOVE with this product! It's so creamy and you can't even tell you have it on! I also don't ever, EVER, get it on my teeth (I ALWAYS do with red lipstick) and it was perfect for hours. After I bought it, after dinner, after celebrations for my birthday, it was on until I wiped it on. Now, it does transfer to utensils and glasses, which I don't mind but it's worth it! The pencil method is SO easy to apply too but I think that when I wear it down, it'll be flat and round, so I don't know what I'll do then. I don't care, I'll still use it!

Revlon's Lash Potion (Grow Luscious) in 001 Blackest Black is another awesome mascara that you can add to my good list. My right eye has lashes that are missing (it's weird) and this helps fill the gap. The brush is really bushy; I hate comblike brushes because they have WAY too much mascara on them!

Wet n' Wild's Megalast Salon Color in 214C I Red a Good Book: SUCH A GOOD COLOR. It's so beautiful. I think it might be my favorite red color. Retails for about $1.99. Add previously mentioned Seche Vite over the top and it's lasted me four days through work and typing and seeing my horse today. It's great.

If anyone reading this has ANY suggestions about BB creams, I'm open for just about anything! Carolyn will be sending me samples so as soon as I get those, I should have a review up afterwards!

-Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment