Monday, October 28, 2013

The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag



Hey There Lovelies,

I found this cute idea for a post when I was browsing around BeautyBroadcast.net's blog and decided to give it a shot.  I really like doing things like this as I think it gives you guys a different look into what I'm all about and who I am.  So without further ado, here is The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag:


The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag 

1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do?
I honestly never blow dry my hair and I rarely get it cut (you and my split ends can cringe from that one).  I think blow drying my hair is pointless.  I never need it to be dry for an event in five minutes, and I don’t do much in the way of styling so I don’t worry about hot tools hurting my wet hair.  I am very minimal with my hair upkeep, and am much more of a wash, apply product, and go kind of person.  Along with never blow drying and rarely using hot tools on my hair, I rarely get it cut.  Every few months I notice that my hair is splitting at the bottom and I go and get a trim.  Since I don’t really use hot tools often the damage from my hair is from pinning it up and coloring it.

2. Is washing your make-up brushes something that you do regularly?
Sadly no.  I use my fingers more than I use brushes, so the only brushes I wash on a semi-consistent basis are my eyeshadow brush, my crease brush, my powder brush, and my brow brush.  Especially since I haven’t consistently been wearing makeup those brushes get washed maybe once a month (after only about 5 times use).  With regular use however they get washed every other week, or more often if I can sense my skin getting too oily or dry.

3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
Days.  Just kidding, probably two days.  When I was a teenager I loved the look of my chipped black polish, I thought it added to my “edge”, but the older I got and the more my polish collection grew I decided to just retire the polish on my fingers and pick a new color for the week.  Having brittle nails means my polish chips more often than I would like, and usually ends up with me snagging my nails on things and causing more damage, so after two days I take it off and hit up Pinterest for the next look.

4. How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it?
Back ups people, always have back ups.  I don’t ever wait for a product to be completely finished before I buy a new one.  I get anxious about what I will do if I run out of my mascara or a face cleanser so I usually always have two or three back ups in my drawers just in case.  The only thing I have ever run out of before I bought a new one was hairspray, and that was once when I was a teenager and used to back comb the heck out of my hair, which led to an immediate rush to the nearest Walmart for a huge can of hairspray and a vow to never run out of anything again. 

5. What is your worst beauty habit?
Using too much foundation.  I always think more is better, but in reality I just look clownish and it ends up sliding down my face in the Virginia heat.  I used to cake on the palest shade I could find when I lived in NY, and summer or winter I always looked like a little ghost with a powdery face that would get on my black shirts, and anyone I hugged.  After I moved down to VA I realized that less is better and opted for a smaller amount of product on my face, but some days I can still be caught with just too much foundation if I’m having a bad skin day.

6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?
Decorating our apartment.  We have been here a year and our walls are still white and we have minimal decorations up on the walls.  I don’t know if it’s lack of inspiration, or fear it won’t look nice if I put up the stash of decorations I have hidden around the apartment, but it still hasn’t gotten done.  With winter approaching fast I know it needs to get done before it’s too cold to paint, and I finally have the colors and some idea of how it will look, so ::fingers crossed:: it will happen in the next few weeks.

7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute?
Yes.  Well, half hour before we have to be out the door.  It never takes me long to get ready, even for weddings or going out to the bar, so I feel like giving myself two hours will just end up with me playing around in my makeup stash, and trying out some crazy hair idea I found on Pinterest.  Less time to get ready the better in my book, unless you have your girlfriends with you and then by all means pop a bottle of champagne and take four hours to get ready.  No shame there.

8. Can you commit to spending bans?
Spending bans are like diets, I hate them, think they are naughty words, and don’t ever pretend I would commit to one.  I do believe in saving money for rent and car payments and things you NEED to pay for, and I also believe out of every paycheck you should do something nice for yourself.  That can mean getting a coffee before a stressful day at work, renting a movie out of a Redbox (only a dollar!), or even splurging on a new compact you saw in the store.  If you withhold things from yourself you are a lot more likely to go overboard (like spending $80 at the bar, or buying everything that has polka dots on it from Forever 21) than you are if you treat yourself to something small but nice every week.  I’m not saying dig yourself into a hole here, but you work hard for your money, don’t be ashamed of buying a coffee or a bottle of wine sometimes.

9. How organized is your make-up and nail polish collections?
Makeup, kinda.  I have a little organizer with all my samples in it, and all of my lip colors in a box, as well as all my compacts in a little box.  That’s organized well enough for now that I can find everything I’m looking for.  Nail polish… does having it all in a pile in a cute basket all in one place count as organized?  Probably not.  I do hope to one day find a wall organizer to put next to my desk is I can show off all the pretty colors I have hiding in the bottom of the basket, but until then I have nothing  to organize them with, and like a little mystery in my life, so I’m okay with my system.

There you have it!  All my bad beauty habits and my thoughts on them.  I think everyone should take their turn at this post.  It was fun and really opened my eyes up to some of the things I need to work on (ahem, cleaning my brushes).  I hope you all enjoyed it!

Happy Monday Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment